Postings valid through dates provided.
If you are interested and meet the criterion for a job opening, email your resumes to Darlene Mack, Human Resources Manager at DMack@cortland-banks.com or fax your resume to 330.638.4907. The Bank retains the right to change the terms and conditions of the position(s) at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v drug-free workplace.
(1) Part Time Teller - Victor Hills/Boardman location JP #2014-23
(1) Part Time Teller - Cortland Main Office JP #2014-34
Valid through: 11/30/14
POSITION TITLE: TELLER (1) Part Time Teller/Boardman area (1) Part Time Teller/Cortland Main Office
POSTING NUMBER: PT/Boardman #2014-23 & #2014-34
DEPARTMENT: Listed Above
SUPERVISOR: Head Teller
STATUS: :Listed Above
Work Hours: #2014-23 (20) hours per week and
#2014-34 (25) hours per week
Work Days: Monday through Saturday as assigned
Job Objective (Purpose of the position): Under general supervision, but following established policies and procedures, provide a variety of customer service functions including processing savings accounts, checking accounts, loan transactions, cashing checks, and selling money orders and cashier’s checks. Responsible for balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash totals. Promote bank products and specials and refer customer for additional bank products to meet their financial needs
Essential Job Functions (Functions essential to attaining job objectives):
1. Greet customers in a courteous, professional manner while providing prompt, efficient accurate service in processing transactions.
2. Receives account deposits and loan payments. Verify amounts, examine checks for endorsement and negotiability, collect appropriate fees and process transactions.
3. Cash checks and process account withdrawal requests after verifying signatures and determining negotiability and availability.
4. Take application for Savings Bonds, issue cashier’s checks, money orders and traveler’s checks.
5. Effective operation of teller and bank software.
6. Promote and refer customers for additional banking products to meet their financial needs
7. Comply with Bank Policy and Procedures for security & operations.
Non-essential Functions (Marginal tasks performed by incumbent of the position):
1. Answer basic telephone inquiries.
2. Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
3. Various other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities and Goals:
1. Responsible for maintaining acceptable cash level in cash drawer.
2. All transactions are completed in according to bank policy and procedures.
3. Branch customers receive prompt service.
4. Meet individual referral goals
5. Level of Cash Items.
6. Level of Over and Shorts.
7. Level of policy violations resulting in monetary loss, such as the cashing of a check.
General Description (A descriptive account of how this job is done to someone who have never done it): The major responsibility of someone in this position (about 70 of one’s time) is spent performing customer related duties. About 20% of one’s time is devoted to posting transactions. About 10% of one’s time is devoted to balancing. The majority of the time (about 60%) is spent standing, 20 % of the time is spent sitting and 10% walking. Must lift bulk coin (up to 30 lbs.) and cash drawer (up to 15 lbs.).
Job Standards (Minimum qualifications needed to perform essential job functions):
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Calculator skills
3. Basic math skills
4. Customer contact skills
5. Successful completion of Bank’s training program(s).
6. Previous cash handling experience or equivalent.
Job Location(s) (Place(s) where work is performed):
Equipment (Machines, Devices, tools, etc. used in job performance):
1. Teller Terminal
5. Fax Machine
6. Check Protector
7. Security equipment.
8. Cash counter.
Critical Skills/Expertise (Needed for this job, specifically):
1. Customer contact skills
2. Successful completion of Bank’s training program(s)
3. Computer skills
4. Basic math skills
1. The successful candidate must be optimistic, articulate, loyal, reliable, patient, accurate, tactful, systematic, diplomatic and thorough. The candidate must be a problem solver, decision maker, goal oriented, assertive, possess good communication skills.
2. Also must be helpful, courteous, able to concentrate, tenacious, calm and an excellent listener, detail oriented, careful and logical.
The Bank retains the right to change the terms and conditions of the position(s) at any time.